How Many People Live in New York City
New York is the most populous city in the United States and the center of the New York Metropolitan Area, one of the most populous metropolitan areas in the world. New York exerts a significant impact upon global commerce, finance, media, art, fashion, research, technology, education, and entertainment. The home of the United Nations Headquarters, New York is an important center for international diplomacy and has been described as the cultural capital of the world. The city is also referred to as New York City or The City of New York to distinguish it from the State of New York, of which it is a part.
The population of New York City on 2011 is approximately 19,465,197.
- Bronx County, New York – Population, 2010: 1,385,108
- Kings County, New York - Population, 2010: 2,504,700
- New York County, New York – Population, 2010: 1,585,873
- Queens County, New York – Population, 2010: 2,230,722
- Richmond County, New York – Population, 2010: 468,730